Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I have too many fonts…and I want more!

I didn’t blog this weekend (but I did blog three times in one day last week) Now, it is Wednesday. So much for trying to blog everyday. I should just fill the days that I have nothing to say with photographs. But then that would require that I take pictures, and I don’t have time for that. There are brushes out there to be downloaded and fonts to find.

I have been spending a lot of my day searching for and downloading fonts and brushes in my quest to have a super well stocked Photoshop and Illustrator library. I think I may have a problem, and I think I may need an intervention. It seems that I can waste an endless amount of time and energy downloading pretty things, instead of devoting time to working, or blogging, or taking pictures, or even learning how to use the software better. I am a great time waster.

So I downloaded hundreds of fonts and brushes, all in the hopes that I can start to amass a large collection of original digital scrapbook paper. Guess how many pages I have made? Four. That’s right, hundreds of fonts and brushes and all I have to show for it is four measly pages. They are also all in the orange color family, and not on this particular computer.

I am hoping that all this collecting will add up to me being able to start my own little side-project/business. I would love to actually have some creative freedom to design and create my own invitations, scrapbook pages, announcements, business cards, etc., instead of just creating art for the man and the man’s minions.But then again, who has time.

Right now my life is at a crossroads, and at some point, I will no longer have much time on my hands at all. I guess this girl needs to stop wasting time and start making time for the things that are important. Until then, I have a million brushes, if anybody needs one. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment